Yummy! That’s what this dish is!
I love ordering salmon when I go out to dinner and have often wished I could have all wonderful flavor at home. Tonight, I got exactly that with this extremely easy recipe! Not only is it easy, but I made it and my steamed veggies in 30 minutes from start to finish. That is very important to me because, like many parents today, I’m constantly on the run with work and my daughter’s busy schedule. It’s so important to find healthy meal options that can be prepared quickly.
Ingredients: (meal for 2)
- 2 – 6oz salmon filets
- 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbs[ Balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 2 cups of baby carrots
- Mix the maple syrup and the balsamic vinegar together in a plastic resealable bag and place the salmon in the bag. Seal and let marinade for 10 minutes.
- While the salmon is marinading, place your broccoli and carrots in a steamer.
- Remove the salmon from the bag and place on a broiling pan. Baste with more of the marinade and salt and pepper to taste. Broil for 10-12 minutes.
- Steam the vegetables for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition: Calories 452; Total Fat 13g; Saturated Fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 303mg; Carbohydrates 37g; Fiber 6g; Sugar 25g; Protein 45g (source of nutrition from http://www.myfitnesspal.com
This recipe is based on original recipe from Hello Healthy at blog.myfitnesspal.com